Where have you gone, Don McPherson? An orangey nation turns its lonely eyes to you.
Six questions for Saturday.
1. Who are we playing? Syracuse, a pretty good hoops school.
2. What happened last time we played these guys? I can't remember...it's a little fuzzy.
3. Who's the new coach over there? Greg Robinson, former defensive coordinator at Texas and a longtime veteran of the NFL. Some say he's been dealt a lousy hand at Syracuse. Possibly. But I have to question his coaching acumen when he says stuff like this:
"[Brady Quinn] was in a good system of offense for the last two years. Tyrone's a good quarterback coach...I don't think that this is just something that happened overnight. This was a great player coming out of high school. I just think that he's grown more and more comfortable. The things that Charlie does aren't that much different from the things that Tyrone was doing, in some ways."I'll give him a pass; maybe he isn't following Irish football as obsessively as the rest of us.
4. Any history between Charlie and this guy? You bet. Charlie's got a 3-1 lifetime record against Robinson in the pros, when Robinson was the defensive coordinator for the Broncos & Chiefs.
- 2002: W, Patriots 41, Chiefs 38
- 2000: W, Patriots 30, Broncos 24
- 1999: W, Jets 21, Broncos 13
- 1998: L, Broncos 23, Jets 10 (AFC Championship game)
6. Who's gonna win? More than any other game this year, this one's in the bag. Put it this way: the only team Syracuse has beaten is 1-9 Buffalo. Even Pittsburgh killed them, 34-17.
If you need reassurance, Bill's got the breakdown.
If you need even more reassurance, the AP already has the game recap up.